GET STARTED IN WORKDAY
Manage your Human Resources and Payroll information from Workday! The Texas A&M University System replaced various legacy mainframe payroll and human resource systems with one unified system called Workday.
- Read the First Login Checklist
- Familiarize yourself with Workday
- Downloaded the free Workday App in the Apple App Store or Google Play. ID: TAMUS or tamus
News & Updates
- Annual Benefit Enrollment (Open Enrollment), July 1–31, is the time for employees to review their benefits and consider any changes to make for the next plan year.r. Open Enrollment will be conducted via Workday.
- New User Interface available June 7, 2018 details here
- Workday Weekly Maintenance
Workday has a weekly maintenance window from 6pm Friday to 6am Saturday and will be unavailable during this period. Business processes such as enter time / approve timesheets cannot be performed while Workday is offline; please plan accordingly.
- Payroll Processing Calendars and Pay Schedules available here
- Workday Ticketing System
Need help? Please send all Workday related inquiries to email@example.com only; do not email or copy other shared mailboxes or HROE / Payroll Services staff as this may delay a response. IMPORTANT: Encumbrance inquiries should be directed to FAMIShelp@tamus.edu and NOT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workday Profile Photos - Workday HCM allows employees to upload an appropriate professional photo in their Worker Profile to enhance communication between employees (it is not a social media platform).Photos require manager (immediate supervisor) approval prior to being visible in Workday. The approved photo appears in the individual’s Workday profile and is visible to anyone at Texas A&M who is logged into Workday. If the employee does not wish to upload a photo, the default Workday icon will be displayed and will replace any inappropriate or unapproved photos. Any supervisor within the reporting chain has the authority to request the employee take down and replace the photo or use the default icon, if it does not meet the required appropriate photo examples.
Examples of appropriate photos: individual headshots (i.e. Texas A&M University ID, or a similar photo like that on a driver’s license of just the employee - no images, text, etc.). The photo should be clear, of good quality and be taken close enough for the employee to be easily identified.
Examples of inappropriate photos: caricatures, group photos, vacation photos, sports/hobby photos, or any other image than that of the employee, etc.
2113475: Working in Workday – TrainTraq course to introduce Employees and Managers to Workday basics, navigation, self-service and support.
The following courses will no longer be available beginning June 7:
- 2113188: GA010: TAMUS Workday Core Concepts
- 2113189: GA020: Navigating Workday
- 2113193: GA060: TAMUS Workday Core HCM Concepts (Managers)
- 2113195: SK410 Merit and Performance (Managers)
- 2113196: SK420 Working in Workday for Managers
- 2113197: SK430 Recruiting (Managers)
- 2113198: SK440 Staffing and Separation (Managers)
- 2113199: SK450 Time and Absence (Managers)
- 2113281: GA050: TAMUS Workday Core HCM Concepts
- 2113282: SK210: Recruiting
- 2113180: SK220: Staffing
- 2113192: SK230/240/250: Goals and Performance, Tracking Time, Time Off and Leave
- 2113247: SK260/SK270: Common Employee Questions, Common Manager Questions
The Workday Open Forums introduce the campus community to Workday, the progresses made with the transition, and potential impacts to our campus. Open dialogue is encouraged. Read the Forum Q&As.
- At this time, there are no Workday Open Forums scheduled for Texas A&M. Future forums may be announced on an as needed basis.
- March 22: Presentation | Tips & Tricks | Payroll Calendar | Leave Accruals (Removing and Overriding)
- Feb. 21: Questions and Answers
- Jan. 25: Presentation | Video
- Dec. 13: Presentation | Video
- Nov. 15: Presentation | Video