Early Return to Work Related Information and Links

Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)

In situations where the employee has special needs that merit consideration under the ADA, the employee and/or supervisor/department representative should contact the Texas A&M University Human Resources Employee Relations office at (979) 862-3331 or Employee-Relations@tamu.edu for guidance.

Alternate Work Location

Section 4.1.3 of the Early Return to Work Program SAP lists "alternate work location" as one of the three types of Temporary Work Assignments (TWA) that may be considered. The supervisor/department representative may consider an alternate/different work location where the employee may perform work as a TWA.

An employee who meets the eligibility criteria outlined in section 2 of Texas A&M University Standard Administrative Procedure (SAP) 33.06.01.M0.01: Alternate Work Location may request the opportunity to work at an alternate work location (AWL). When an employee requests an AWL, the forms and procedures outlined in SAP 33.06.01.M0.01 will be followed.

Environmental Health and Safety Department

The Environmental Health and Safety Department is available as a resource to University departments for workplace or safety procedure review. Supervisors/department representatives who wish assistance from Environmental Health and Safety should call (979) 845-2132.

Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

When an employee experiences an injury/illness, the supervisor/department representative, in addition to following the procedures specified in the RTW, should follow the procedures specified in System Regulation 31.03.05: Family and Medical Leave and may wish to review the FMLA.

Workers' Compensation Insurance

If you are an employee of the University and have been involved in a work-related injury, you should report the injury to your supervisor. For information about Workers' Compensation Insurance (WCI), please refer to the Workers' Compensation page or call (979) 862-1718.

If you are a supervisor or department representative who has had an employee experience a work-related injury/illness, in addition to following the procedures specified in the RTW, you should also follow the procedures specified on the Workers' Compensation page, and you may call (979) 862-1718 for guidance.