Non-faculty Performance Reviews Begin in April
The annual performance review period for staff (non-faculty) employees will begin April 1, 2019. During this review period, supervisors have an opportunity to:
- Discuss progress on the prior year’s performance goals and expectations
- Recognize employees for job-related accomplishments
- Identify and provide feedback on strengths and improvement opportunities
- Start discussing potential work and development opportunities for the next year
Before starting the process, we are hosting Workday Awareness Sessions: Performance Management starting March 14th so employees can learn more about what is consistent with last year’s process, what has changed, the overall process, the timeline, and available training. This is a great opportunity to learn what to expect before the process starts. Sessions will be conducted both face to face (classroom setting) and via WebEx. Register here for the Awareness Session.
In the meantime, just a reminder to do the following before Performance Evaluation launches:
- Confirm supervisor organizations in Workday (i.e., managers can see all of their employees and the correct department). Work with your HR Liaison if corrections are needed.
- Enter goals in Workday. Goals must be entered into Workday and approved by the employee’s manager before March 31, 2019 to auto-populate in the template; after April 1, goals must be manually entered in the template. Refer to the Add and Edit Goals – Employee Guide or Add and Edit Goals – Manager Guide as needed.
- Managers/supervisors should review their employee’s position restrictions to ensure the evaluation pulls the correct measures from the position description. Refer to the Edit Position Restrictions business process including the template and recommended practices as needed.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact HRevaluations@tamu.edu.