Knowing what Texas A&M does as an organization, how it works, and what it stands for is critical for both our success as employees of Texas A&M and the success of our university.
- Training & development
The following are recommended trainings and activities designed to enhance competency-related knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
Instructor Led Training
- Participate in campus presentations, programs and activities that provide opportunities to learn about Texas A&M.
- Talk with people who have been at Texas A&M for a while (students, faculty and staff); ask about their experiences and what they think you should know that would help you be successful.
- Seek out resources that are available to employees.
- Coaching suggestions
The following are recommended strategies a supervisor can utilize to support an employee’s competency development.
- Register new employees for a New Employee Welcome orientation session, and refer them to the New Employee website.
- Encourage employee to participate in activities that will help employee learn about Texas A&M.
- Explain how the employee's job supports the department's goals and the university’s mission.
- Designate individuals in the unit to serve as "Welcome Mentors" to new employees.
Links and External Resources