The HR Policies and Procedures for Supervisors (HRPPS) certificate program is designed to provide foundational knowledge of the policies, procedures and best practices that supervisors and managers of staff at Texas A&M University need to follow. The program helps participants maneuver through the extensive regulatory framework within which the university complies. Participants learn to avoid potential workplace problems such as low employee performance, workplace harassment and discrimination, poor hiring choices, and many more issues.
Course topics address the following HR issues: creating a discrimination-free environment, time and leave, performance management, workers compensation, the hiring process, and progressive discipline. Upon the completion of the coursework, participants receive an online review and independent assignment intended to synthesize the concepts learned in the certificate program.
Upon completion of the HR Policies and Procedures for Supervisors Certificate Program, participants will be able to:
- Utilize a functional knowledge of the extensive regulatory framework within which the university must comply
- Create and maintain an inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment and complies with federal and state statutes
- Utilize tools to develop employee skills and maximize employee performance
- Implement disciplinary practices that are fair and objective
- Target Audience
The HR Policies and Procedures for Supervisors (HRPPS) certificate program is for Texas A&M employees who are currently in supervisory positions or wish to prepare themselves to move into a supervisory role.
All requirements, except for the Capstone, can be taken in any order. Note: requirements may be periodically updated and there may be no course equivalencies.
- Fostering Respect in a Diverse Workplace (2111242)
- Fair Labor Standards Act - (FLSA) Timekeeping (211169)
- Position Descriptions and Hiring Procedures (211152)
- Leave Policies and Procedures (2112558)
- PATHways to Success: Supervisory Best Practices for Managing Employee Performance (2112540)
- Preventing Sexual Harassment Supervisory Overview (211150)
- Progressive Discipline (211151)
- Workers' Compensation Procedures (2112635)
1Capstone: Once all workshops have been completed, participants will receive a link to an Online Review in TrainTraq and an Independent Assignment. The capstone is intended to reinforce the knowledge and skills they have learned throughout the program. Average completion time is 2 to 4 hours.
Participants receive an invitation to an upcoming Certificate Program Recognition Reception after they have successfully completed all workshops, the Online Review and the Independent Assignment.
- There is an administrative cost of $59 for the entire program. (Additionally, some courses have a small fee for materials and Texas A&M System employees have course registration fees: costs for each class are listed on course schedule page.)
- How do I complete the HR Policies and Procedures Certificate Program?
- Once you have completed the required courses in the HR Policies and Procedures for Supervisors certificate program, please save a PDF version of your transcript from TrainTraq and submit it via email to PDinfo@tamu.edu. Upon receipt of your transcript and verification that you have completed all required courses, the program coordinator will send you a link to an Online Review in TrainTraq and an Independent Assignment. When both are successfully completed, you will be eligible to receive your framed certificate at the next Certificate Program Recognition Reception.
- How do I enroll in the HR Policies and Procedures Certificate Program?
Ask your supervisor for approval, obtain your departmental FAMIS account number, enroll in the Certificate Program, and register for the individual courses in the program. Remember, in order to attend the Certificate Program Recognition Reception and be awarded the certificate, you must enroll in the program.
At this point, we are not currently accepting new registrations for this program. You may add yourself to the waiting list to receive updates via email regarding registration availability.
- Additional Information