Mission and Vision
What We Do: The Professional Development Department offers a variety of workshops, programs and consulting services designed to enhance the professional growth and effectiveness of Texas A&M University's staff and faculty. We do this by:
- Providing job relevant and focused learning opportunities that promote employees’ current work performance, professional growth and career development.
- Delivering organizational development services that enhance department and work team effectiveness.
- Assisting Texas A&M and System subject matter experts with training design, development, implementation and administration to help minimize risk and ensure compliance.
Our Vision: To be regarded as a premier provider of high quality, relevant employee and organizational development services.
Employee Professional Development
- Develop and provide instructor-led and online training workshops, classes and programs
- Host the TAMU NEW (New Employee Welcome) program (monthly orientation sessions and new employee website)
Training Compliance, Administration and Support
- Support subject matter experts and training coordinators with training design, development, implementation and reporting
- Administer the TrainTraq learning management system
- Create and implement compliance training through collaboration with subject matter experts
- Provide facilitation and consultation to work groups and managers
- Develop and implement training programs to support organization-wide initiatives
- Train and support employees on the university’s staff performance management process
- Administer the Workday performance management system
Project Priorities – Selection Criteria
- Alignment – Aligns with HROE PD’s mission and development model
- Scope – Has broad reach within organization
- Impact – Makes a significant impact
- Availability – There is limited external availability
- TAMU-specific – Service and content are unique to Texas A&M
- The Four Domain Competency Model represents the philosophy that underlies our approach to curriculum development and accomplishing our mission: we take a holistic approach to professional development, including what people need to know and be able to do within a university setting.
- The Employee Development Model guides the organization of our curriculum and how it provides development to university employees.