The Texas A&M University System shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity through the System for faculty and staff employees. Additionally, we must ensure employees know University and System policies and procedures. Furthermore, we need to encourage and foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.
Additionally, employees must know University and System policies and procedures. As stated in System Regulation 08.01.01: Civil Rights Compliance, when alleged or suspected discrimination, sexual harassment or retaliation is experienced, observed by, or made known to an employee, that employee is responsible for reporting that information in a timely manner to the appropriate contact as outlined in the regulation and 08.01.01.M1: Civil Rights Compliance.
Procedures related to discrimination, sexual harassment, or related retaliation allegations are initiated by filing a complaint with the appropriate Official Contact of Texas A&M University in accordance with Section 1.1 of Rule 08.01.01.M1, Civil Rights Compliance.
Texas Labor Code 21.010 requires that all State employees receive mandatory Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) training within 30 days of employment. The Code further requires that each employee must complete supplemental EEO training every two years. This includes all employees, student employees, part-time employees, and seasonal or temporary workers.
Questions should be directed to Organizational Consulting & Resolution Management.
- President's Memo on Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Texas Labor Code §21.010: Employment Discrimination Training for State Employees
- System Policy 33.05: Employee Training
- System Policy 08.01: Civil Rights Protections and Compliance
- System Regulation 08.01.01: Civil Rights Compliance
- University Rule 08.01.01.M1: Civil Rights Compliance
- Standard Administrative Procedure 08.01.01.M1.01: Investigation and Resolution of Complaints Against Non-Faculty Employees and Unrelated Third Parties for Illegal Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, or Related Retaliation Charges
- Standard Administrative Procedure 08.01.01.M1.02: Investigation and Resolution of Complaints Against Faculty Members for Illegal Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, or Related Retaliation Charges