Texas A&M Human Resources Supports the Campaign for Disability Employment
"The Right Talent, Right Now.”
At work, it's what people CAN do that matters!
It’s finally here—National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) 2019! Held every October, NDEAM is an opportune time to educate about disability employment issues and celebrate the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities.
What can YOU do? It's easy for people with disabilities, and others, to participate in the Campaign and drive positive change. For example, the campaign's website, whatcanyoudocampaign.org, offers users the chance to learn, express their commitment to disability employment efforts and share their employment experiences. The site offers posters your department can use to show your support for the campaign.
- The official poster for National Disability Employment Awareness Month is available to order for free in print or electronic copy in English and Spanish! Display these colorful and dynamic posters in your office.
The Campaign for Disability Employment seeks to promote positive employment outcomes for people with disabilities by encouraging employers, and others, to recognize the value and talent that people with disabilities bring to the workplace, as well as the dividend to be realized by fully including people with disabilities at work. For more information, visit whatcanyoudocampaign.org.
Governor Greg Abbott, a Texan with a disability, has also proclaimed October to be Disability Employment Awareness Month in Texas and encourages all Texans to learn more about disability employment.
- What can EMPLOYERS do?
- Poster Series
- Campaign for Disability Employment Fact Sheet
- Employer Resources for Recruiting, Interviewing & Hiring
- Video PSAs
- Organizational Consulting & Resolution Management: (979) 862-4027 for information about disability accommodations or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Recruitment & Workforce Planning: (979) 845-5154 for information about employment or recruitment.