Below are HR's most frequently asked questions (FAQs). If you don't see your questions here, use our search box at the top of the HR website. It's a great search feature to find what you need on the site. You may also email your question to HRemail@example.com and we'll be glad to assist you.
- When are the university holidays for Texas A&M employees?
- Visit our University Holidays page for the current Texas A&M University holiday schedule.
Learn more about university holidays.
- May employees use sick leave as soon as it is posted to their leave account?
Yes, employees may use sick leave as soon as it is accrued as long as the employee is in an active working status. Employees who are on leave on the first day of the month will not be able to use the leave accrued for that month until they actively return to work, per System Regulation 31.03.02: Sick Leave.
Learn more about Sick Leave.
- Where can I get employment verification to prove I work at Texas A&M so I can complete a loan or rental application?
Texas A&M University uses The Work Number® to provide automated employment and income verifications on our employees. The Work Number is an automated service that provides you with the ability to quickly provide proof of your employment or income.
Learn more about Employment & Salary Verification.
State service verifications require a different process.
- How do I reset my password for Single Sign-On (SSO) to access HRConnect or other applications in SSO?
You can reset your password through the self-service function in Single Sign-On*. Log on at sso.tamus.edu and click on "I forgot my password" and follow the steps. You must know your Universal Identification Number (UIN). If this doesn't work, or if you have been locked out, please contact your department's HR Liaison for assistance in resetting your password.
Learn more about Single Sign-On Training.
- How do I apply for a position (job) at Texas A&M University?
Use our online application system at jobs.tamu.edu to apply for staff, wage and some research positions at Texas A&M University. You first view and apply to open positions by completing the online application and then answering job-related questions.
Learn more about Prospective Employees.
- Why is a criminal background check needed to be hired at Texas A&M?
Texas A&M University is committed to providing a safe working environment for its students and employees. Therefore, it is imperative that final candidates selected to fill all non-faculty and faculty positions are carefully screened through our criminal background process.
Learn more about Background Checks.
- Where can I go for answers about retirement eligibility from Texas A&M and information on my Teacher Retirement System (TRS)?
Visit our Retirement Services webpage for answers to many of your retirement and TRS questions including information on requesting a refund or withdrawal of your TRS account.
- How do I update my address or other personal contact information?
Faculty and staff at Texas A&M University should annually review and update their personal and employment information via Workday. Your participation in keeping your information up-to-date assures the university has accurate information for the online A&M Directory, emergency contacts, and demographics for federal, state and university reporting compliance. Follow the steps listed here.
Once the update is recorded in Workday, the new address information will be shared in the next available electronic file to the insurance carriers and retirement plan vendors including Teacher’s Retirement System of Texas (TRS).