Nominations are now open for the 31st Annual President’s Meritorious Service Awards.
OPENS: January 3
CLOSES: January 24
President Michael K. Young will present these prestigious awards to recognize 25 outstanding individuals, two outstanding teams and two outstanding supervisors for their meritorious service to the University. Our extended Aggie Family, employees of SSC/Chartwells, are eligible for this prestigious award as well.
The award ceremony will be held on Monday, April 23, 2018 as the kick-off event for Staff Appreciation Week at Texas A&M. These awards are funded through the generosity of the Office of the President and The Association of Former Students.
Please consider nominating one of our deserving Aggie Staff members during the nomination period, Wednesday, January 3, through Wednesday, January 24.
- Review the Award Criteria, Eligibility, and Process
- Complete a Nomination Form and SAVE it along with a maximum of two letters of support.
- Email the form and letter(s) as attachments to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 24. In the email subject line put the Nominee’s last name, first name, and PMSA category. Example: Jones, Andrea – Individual Nominee
You will receive an email confirmation once the nomination has been received.
Questions: Contact Human Resources at EmplRecognition@tamu.edu or (979) 845-7995.
Resources for Nominators
About the Awards
The President's Meritorious Service Awards began in 1986. Recipients of this highly prestigious award have demonstrated their commitment to the Aggie core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. Currently, these awards are presented to:
- Individual Awards - 25 individuals with each person receiving a monetary award, a commemorative plaque, and a gold lapel pin.
- Supervisor Awards - 2 outstanding supervisors who exhibit strong leadership qualities and cultivate a culture of excellence in their workplaces. These supervisors will receive a monetary award, a commemorative plaque, and a gold lapel pin.
- Team Awards - 2 outstanding work teams will be recognized with a team commemorative plaque and each member will receive a monetary award, a lapel pin and a framed certificate of recognition.
An anonymous committee appointed by the President selects the recipients.
Awards are presented at a special award ceremony. All members of the Aggie Community are welcome to make nominations.
The President's Meritorious Service Awards Program is sponsored by the Office of the President and The Association of Former Students, and coordinated by the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness.