Important Dates for FY19 Staff Reclassification and Equity Increases
May 21, 2018 - Deadline for submission of FY2019 staff reclassification actions to be guaranteed completion by June 25. Completion of both the edit position restrictions and change job processes in Workday by June 25 will confirm the department's authority to include the compensation increase in the Workday merit process for FY2019.
June 4, 2018 - Deadline for submission of staff equity request memos to be guaranteed completion by June 25. Completion of all required approvals, including HROE Compensation Review, will confirm the department's authority to include the compensation increase in the Workday merit process for FY2019.
Please note the following important details about these deadlines:
- For Texas A&M staff positions, submission by the deadline means the edit position restrictions business process is submitted to HR partner in Workday. Once approved, the change job process for filled reclassifications must be completed in Workday by June 25. For Health Science Center staff positions, submission by the deadlines mean submission through Laserfiche forms. Once approved the edit position restrictions and changed our processes for filled reclassifications must be completed in Workday by June 25.
- There are no guaranteed completion deadlines for staff positions being created for FY2019. Since the position creation process is ongoing in Workday, and it is unrelated to the Merit process there is not a need to limit the creation of positions to certain time frames.
- These deadlines are only critical for positions in which multiple increases will be effective on September 1 and entered into Workday during the merit process.
Merit Process in Workday
June 13 - Merit plans added to faculty and staff employees in Workday and visible on the Compensation tab of an employee’s profile. Example: For a TAMU staff employee, a plan type of Merit will be visible as 02 TAMU Merit Plan – Staff. This only indicates initial assignment of the merit plan to an employee. It does not indicate whether an employee meets eligibility criteria nor whether a merit increase will be awarded.
June 13-25 - Departments should complete any pending Change Job or Request Compensation Change business processes in Workday. Do not remove the merit plan on the compensation tab. If you notice that it is set to be removed, please select to restore it before submitting to the next approval step in the work flow. The Change Job business process includes employee transfers, promotion/reclassifications and data changes such as scheduled weekly hours and academic work period changes. See the "Change Job" business process page and "Request Compensation Change" business process page for more information about these two processes in Workday.
June 25 - Initiation date for Workday Merit Process. Departments will be notified on Tuesday, June 26 if there are any remaining in-progress events impacting the merit process that must be completed so that they are not cancelled on July 3. Departments should complete any pending Change Job or Request Compensation Change business processes in Workday as soon as possible and no later than July 3. For the merit process to correctly launch on July 9, all in-progress Change Job and Request Compensation Change business processes will be cancelled at 5 p.m. on July 3. Also during the period of June 25-July 9, Workday will not allow either of these business processes to be initiated on an employee who has the merit plan.
July 3 - In-progress event cancellation date for pending Change Job and Request Compensation Change business processes.
July 9 - Launch date for Workday Merit Process
July 9-August 17 - Workday Merit Process. During this date range, in order to initiate a Change Job or Request Compensation Change for a faculty or staff employee, the HR contact should submit a request to remove the employee from the merit process to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the employee’s name, title, UIN, faculty or staff worker type, the planned Change Job or Request Compensation Change, and whether the employee will need to be added back into the merit process or can remain removed. The process of removing employees and adding them back to the merit process is manual and can only be performed by centralized merit security roles in Workday.
August 17-September 1 - Workday Merit process has finalized. During this date range, changes to the employee’s compensation with an effective date prior to 9/1 will require rescinding the merit compensation event, performing the change, and proceeding with a request compensation change to add the merit increase. The HR contact should submit a request to rescind the employees merit compensation event to email@example.com including the employee’s name, title, and UIN in the email. When submitting a compensation change for merit, apply the percentage increase to the hourly or monthly rate and not the merit plan.
To review FY19 pay rates in your organization for accuracy, use the following reports in Workday to review compensation changes:
- Employee Academic Pay Settings by Organization – Run this report to view employee, supervisory organization, academic pay period and compensation. The HR Contact, Department Head, Manager, and Timekeeper can run this report.
- Pay Calculation Results for a Period - View payroll results in progress or completed with employee, supervisory organization, compensation, costing allocations and extended cost by TAMUS Cost Center. The HR Contact should run this report and review it prior to each biweekly or monthly payroll processing.