Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness (HROE) has an internal working group named C.A.R.E. (Culture, Awareness, Respect, Equity) Council whose mission is to promote a climate of belonging, inclusion, and value in the workplace, within HROE.
Provide welcoming opportunities for participation, learning, and engagement to our staff.
- Engage staff across all departments of the Division
- Coordinate Social events: Lunch outings, happy hours, community volunteerism, excursions, etc.
- Create opportunities for dialogue and relationship-building
- Provide educational lunch & learns
- Coordinate service projects for community
- Research peer institutions for similar councils/structures
- Review data from last climate survey and identify themes and opportunities
- Discover areas that need focus to internally improve accountability, climate, and equity and coordinate educational opportunities for staff
- Develop intranet webpage to:
- Explain Council purpose and members
- Spotlight opportunities and events regarding culture, awareness, diversity, respect, and equity
- Be transparent about what the Council and Division are doing with climate survey results and our commitment to accountability, climate, and equity.