HR Liaisons, The Texas A&M University System is replacing various legacy mainframe payroll and human resource systems with one unified system called Workday.
Starting December 1, 2017, The A&M System will benefit from Workday’s intuitive, web-based applications with self-service and mobile capabilities. Workday is designed to work the way we work today and will help create a more nimble, process and data driven organization.
HR Liaisons are encouraged to stay up-to-date with the progress of the transition to Workday. Please continue to read the weekly HR Liaison Network News and visit workday.tamus.edu often. In addition, please continue to monitor Single Sign-On reports and processes.
News & Updates:
- New Hire Workday Flyer
- Video: "Say Hello to Workday: HR, Payroll and Benefits Employees"
- Workday Security Role Definitions
- Workday Manager Structure
- Information given at HR Liaison Network Meetings:
- Employee / Manager Assignments in Single Sign-On (SSO)
Review the “Employee’s Managers List” report in SSO for each department you are assigned HR Liaison roles.
To review the report from the SSO Menu, select:
- Dept Admin tab
- Reports tab
- Employee’s Managers List from the drop-down menu
- Then the following options
- Employee Workstation = M - TAMU
- Employee Adloc = Your Department(s)
- Manager Structure = All Structures
- Employee Manager = Without Manager
- Employee PIN = All PINs
- View Report
If an employee does not have a manager assigned, please update the record accordingly. Instructions on how to add managers.
- Employee HRConnect Records
It is extremely important that we have complete information on all employees and retirees. High level items include:
- Employees without a manager
- Employees missing home address
- Employees with invalid address (needs to contain a city, state/province/country/etc., and zip)
- No email address or phone number
If you are an HR Liaison with the HRConnect Dept Admin role, please review these records for all employees – new, current, transitioning, and outgoing – and work with the employee to update as necessary. Information regarding the HRConnect Dept Admin role.