The Texas A&M University System is replacing various legacy mainframe payroll and human resource systems with one unified system called Workday.
The A&M System will benefit from Workday’s intuitive, web-based applications with self-service and mobile capabilities. Workday is designed to work the way we work today and will help create a more nimble, process and data driven organization.
News & Updates:
- Workday & Employees
- Workday & HR Liaisons
- Open Forums
- Town Hall February 27
- Drop In Learning Labs: November
- Video: “Say Hello Workday”
- Handout: "The Word on Workday"
- Campus Memo (2-8-17) Workday at Texas A&M
- Data Protection in the Cloud
- Workday Contacts
Workday will will replace many of the current Single Sign-On application. It will launch in December 2017 with the following modules: HCM (Core HR), Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, Absence, Time Tracking, Reporting, Talent Management, and Performance Management.
The Workday Open Forums are intended to introduce the campus community to Workday, the progress being made with the transition, and potential impacts to our campus. The Open Forums will become more defined and audience specific as the year progresses. Open dialogue is encouraged.
- Feb. 16 Workday Open Forum Presentation
- Upcoming Monthly Open Forums
- Thursday, March 23 | Rudder 501 | 12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided) Register Here.
- Wednesday, April 19 | General Services Complex, 101 | 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, May 18 | Equine Complex, Andras A&B | 12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided)
- Thursday, June 15 | Rudder 501 | 12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided)
- Wednesday, July 19 | General Services Complex, 101 | 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 17 | Equine Complex, Andras A&B |12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided)
- Monday, September 18 | General Services Complex, 101 | 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 19 | Rudder 601 | 12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided)
Hosted by the Texas A&M System Project Team
- Monday, February 27
WHO is this Town Hall intended for?
- Your leadership team (through the Dean level)
- HR, Benefit and Payroll Administrators and Processors
- People Admin Administrators
- People who create or approve EPAs
- Prep-budget Processors
- Employees interested in learning more
WHAT will be covered?
- The What is Workday session will provide a brief introduction of and status update on the Workday project; it is perfect for individuals who don’t know much about the project.
- The What You Can Expect in Workday is a pre-recorded video showing what some of our business processes will look like in Workday, similar to the Lifecycle of an Employee demonstration given to the HROs October 13, 2016, but shorter and more concise. This session is intended for HR, Benefit and Payroll administrators and processors.
- The Workday Plays Well With Others session will provide a brief update on financial integrations with Workday, specifically addressing Data Warehouse, Pre-budget Reports and Payroll Costs Transfers. It is intended for those working in budget, finance and payroll departments.
Each session will allow attendees the chance to ask questions of the Project Helios team. We encourage attendees to submit questions before the event to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer submitted questions first and we will take live questions afterward, answering as many questions as time will allow.
- November 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- General Services Complex, Suite 2201
Protecting and securing our customers’ data is fundamentally important to Workday. Privacy and security at Workday are not add-on features; they are embedded in our service and business model. All Workday, customers are always on the same version of our software. This enhances our ability to innovate and our ability to protect our customers’ data. We can respond to security threats quickly by pushing security updates to our entire customer base and ensuring common data handling standards. We also operate on a unified security model. This includes user access, system integration, reporting, mobile device, and IT access.
We’re committed to key security and privacy concepts that promote a secure, safe regulated environment:
- Our customers own and control their data. We only use customer data to operate our service and don’t monetize the data. Each customer determines what data to enter and configures the applications to best safeguard their data and can configure business processes to further safeguard the privacy of personal data.
- Data is encrypted when it is in transit and at rest in our persistent data store. Workday encrypts every attribute value in the application before it is stored in the database. This is a fundamental design characteristic of the Workday technology. All customer data in the persistent layer is encrypted and accessed only by the application server.
- We are transparent about where and how customer data is processed. We provide customers with visibility to our security and privacy controls through third-party audits (SOC-1 and SOC-2), through ISO (27001 and 27018), Safe Harbor and TRUSTe Enterprise certifications, as well as our Customer Audit Program.
Workday Change Champion
Brandy Kosh | email@example.com | 979.845.1691