The Texas A&M University System is replacing various legacy mainframe payroll and human resource systems with one unified system called Workday.
Starting December 1, 2017, The A&M System will benefit from Workday’s intuitive, web-based applications with self-service and mobile capabilities. Workday is designed to work the way we work today and will help create a more nimble, process and data driven organization.
- Visit "Workday Help" from the SSO menu.
- Open Forums
- Drop In Learning Labs: November
- Training and Readiness Strategy
- Workday Pulse Checks
- Handout: "The Word on Workday"
- Campus Memo (2-8-17) Workday at Texas A&M
- Change Impacts
- Data Protection in the Cloud
- Elevator Speech - What's Going, What's Staying
- Security Roles and Definitions
- Workday Contacts
Workday will will replace many of the current Single Sign-On application. It will launch in December 2017 with the following modules: HCM (Core HR), Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, Absence, Time Tracking, Reporting, Talent Management, and Performance Management.
The Workday Open Forums are intended to introduce the campus community to Workday, the progress being made with the transition, and potential impacts to our campus. The Open Forums will become more defined and audience specific as the year progresses. Open dialogue is encouraged.
- Next Open Forum
- Upcoming Open Forums
- Thursday, August 17 | Equine Complex, Andras A&B |12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided)
- Monday, September 18 | General Services Complex, 101 | 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 19 | Rudder 601 | 12:00-1:30 p.m. (lunch not provided)
- Wednesday, November 15 | Rudder 601 | 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 13 | Rudder 601 | 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 17 | Rudder 601 | 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 14 | MSC 2406 | 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Past Forums
- November 6, 14, 15, 16
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- General Services Complex, Suite 2201
Workday Training Strategy
- HR Liaisons & Distributed Managers
- 9/18 General Awareness – 2 TrainTraq courses
- 10/16 Targeted Awareness – 1 TrainTraq course
- 10/16 Hands-On Skills – 1 TrainTraq course
- 9/18 General Awareness – 2 TrainTraq courses
- 10/23 Targeted Awareness – 1 TrainTraq course
- 10/23/ Hands-On Skills – 1 TrainTraq course
Workday Readiness Strategy
- Manager Preparation
- November 2017 Drop-In Learning Labs with Manager Scripts, Manager Q&A and Readiness Forum
- Employee Preparation
- November 2017 Drop-In Learning Labs with Employee Scripts, Online Video
- December 2017 Day 1 Login Checklist
The catalog lists all courses being developed for Workday and the changes triggered by moving financial code from BPP to FAMIS. The catalog is organized by stakeholder:
- Core HR, Payroll, Benefits: page 3 – 9
- HR Departmental Processors / Liaisons: page 10 – 14
- Managers: page 15 – 18
- Finance users: page 19 – 20
- Employees and Retirees: page 21 – 22
- Video Help Release Schedule: page 23 and 24
Explore Workday terminology and definitions; Crosswalks between current HR tools (EPA, HRConnect, iBenefits, etc.) and Workday – In Development
Distributed to Leadership, Managers, HR Departmental Processors/HR Liaisons, Core HR/Payroll/Benefits
- Workday Pulse Check #1 – completed!
- Workday Pulse Check #2 – Leadership completed!
- Core HR/Payroll/Benefits: June 5
- Managers: June 19
- HR Departmental Processors / HR Liaisons: June 12
- Workday Pulse Check #3 – coming soon!
- Leadership : August
- Core HR/Payroll/Benefits: October
- Managers: October
- HR Departmental Processors / HR Liaisons: October
- Save for Summer – replacing Extended Pay Plan beginning January 2018
- Biweekly Pay Periods – change biweekly pay periods to run from Sunday to Saturday beginning September 1
Protecting and securing our customers’ data is fundamentally important to Workday. Privacy and security at Workday are not add-on features; they are embedded in our service and business model. All Workday, customers are always on the same version of our software. This enhances our ability to innovate and our ability to protect our customers’ data. We can respond to security threats quickly by pushing security updates to our entire customer base and ensuring common data handling standards. We also operate on a unified security model. This includes user access, system integration, reporting, mobile device, and IT access.
We’re committed to key security and privacy concepts that promote a secure, safe regulated environment:
- Our customers own and control their data. We only use customer data to operate our service and don’t monetize the data. Each customer determines what data to enter and configures the applications to best safeguard their data and can configure business processes to further safeguard the privacy of personal data.
- Data is encrypted when it is in transit and at rest in our persistent data store. Workday encrypts every attribute value in the application before it is stored in the database. This is a fundamental design characteristic of the Workday technology. All customer data in the persistent layer is encrypted and accessed only by the application server.
- We are transparent about where and how customer data is processed. We provide customers with visibility to our security and privacy controls through third-party audits (SOC-1 and SOC-2), through ISO (27001 and 27018), Safe Harbor and TRUSTe Enterprise certifications, as well as our Customer Audit Program.
Workday Change Champion
Brandy Kosh | email@example.com | 979.845.1691