The Supervisory Essentials certificate program emphasizes the essential day-to-day skills all supervisors must have to effectively interact with their employees and create a productive work environment. Participants learn best practice strategies and tools necessary to motivate, coach and lead their employees to successful performance outcomes. By blending foundational knowledge with hands-on activities, this program helps to build the confidence necessary for supervisors to develop their employees and effectively achieve organizational goals and objectives. Upon the completion of the coursework, participants receive an online review and independent assignment intended to synthesize the concepts learned in the certificate program.
Upon completion of the Supervisory Essentials certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Describe essential supervisory responsibilities at Texas A&M University
- Establish clear performance and behavioral expectations
- Utilize effective coaching practices to lead employees toward successful performance outcomes
- Motivate and empower employees through the delegation process
- Implement effective strategies to diminish the effects of interpersonal conflict
- Resolve performance and disciplinary issues by implementing fair and clear disciplinary processes
- Target Audience
Supervisory Essentials (SE) certificate program is for Texas A&M employees who are currently in supervisory positions or wish to prepare themselves to move into a supervisory role.
All requirements, except for the Capstone, can be taken in any order. Note: requirements may be periodically updated and there may be no course equivalencies.
- PATHwaysto Success: Supervisory Best Practices for Managing Employee Performance (2112540)
- Interpersonal Communications Skills (211156)
- KEYS: Keys to Establishing Your Supervisory Skills (2112555)
- Coaching for Peak Performance (2112556)
- Effective Delegation (211417)
- Progressive Discipline (211151)
1Capstone: Once all workshops have been completed, participants will receive a link to an Online Review in TrainTraq and an Independent Assignment. The capstone is intended to reinforce the knowledge and skills they have learned throughout the program. Average completion time is 2 to 4 hours.
Participants receive an invitation to an upcoming Certificate Program Recognition Reception after they have successfully completed all workshops, the Online Review and the Independent Assignment.
- There is an administrative cost of $59 for the entire program. (Additionally, some courses have a small fee for materials and Texas A&M System employees have course registration fees: costs for each class are listed on course schedule page).
- How do I complete the Supervisory Essentials Certificate Program?
- Once you have completed the required courses in the Supervisory Essentials certificate program, please save a PDF version of your transcript from TrainTraq and submit it via email to EODinfo@tamu.edu. Upon receipt of your transcript and verification that you have completed all required courses, the program coordinator will send you a link to an Online Review in TrainTraq and an Independent Assignment. When both are successfully completed, you will be eligible to receive your framed certificate at the next Certificate Program Recognition Reception.
- How do I enroll in the Supervisory Essentials Certificate Program?
Ask your supervisor for approval, obtain your departmental FAMIS account number, enroll in the Certificate Program, and register for the individual courses in the program. Remember, in order to attend the Certificate Program Recognition Reception and be awarded the certificate, you must enroll in the program.
At this point, we are not currently accepting new registrations for this program. You may add yourself to the waiting list to receive updates via email regarding registration availability.
- Additional Information