Effective September 24, 2014, Dr. Mark Hussey, Interim President, accepted the recommendations from the university’s Leadership Steering Committee to the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) consultant report. The previously implemented hiring freeze was replaced by a modified process of requiring justification and approval for all non-faculty positions that are neither paid from restricted funds nor budgeted in academic departments.
- Dr. Karan Watson, Provost & Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Paul E. Ogden, M.D., Interim Executive Vice President & Acting CEO
- Dr. Jerry Strawser, Vice President for Finance and Administration & Chief Financial Officer
- Dr. Daniel J. Pugh, Sr., Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. Barbara Abercrombie, Vice President for Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
- Amy B. Smith, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
- Dee M. Childs, Vice President for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer
A modified Hiring Authorization Process to fill vacancies is for budgeted staff except positions:
(1) ADLOC’d to academic departments;
(2) paid from restricted grant funds (Accounts 4XXXXX)
Vacant budgeted staff positions may be posted and/or filled by obtaining approval using the Authorization to Fill Request Form listed below. Please contact Recruitment and Workforce Planning at 979-845-5154 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Authorization to Fill Request Form - paper form used for the approval process to post or fill vacancies.
- Hiring Authorization Guidelines
Designation of Academic or Non-academic departments (Updated 1-8-2016)