Effective September 24, 2014, Dr. Mark Hussey, Interim President, accepted the recommendations from the university’s Leadership Steering Committee to the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) consultant report. The previously implemented hiring freeze was replaced by a modified process of requiring justification and approval for all non-faculty positions that are neither paid from restricted funds nor budgeted in academic departments.
GUIDELINES: Hiring Authorization
FORM: Authorization to Fill Request - Use either of the following:
- PDF Paper Form - Complete and print the form then submit it for the approval process to post or fill vacancies.
- Electronic DocuSign Form - Complete the requested information, upon completion the electronic form will be routed to the originator for use in posting a position. This form directs the originator to input the department head/manager email and the VP or delegated authority email. This does not allow the form to be routed to anyone else for review or signature. If your internal process requires other reviewers/signatures for approval, you should use the paper form or amend your internal process to include printing the approved form and sending to other reviewers. The electronic signature application used for this form is Docusign and there is a 20 minute time-out to complete the information once the form is initiated.
Questions: Please contact Recruitment and Workforce Planning at 979-845-5154 or email@example.com if you have any questions about the forms or which one to use that meets the requirements of your internal processes.
- Dr. Karan Watson, Provost & Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Carrie L. Byington, M.D., Vice Chancellor for Health Services, Senior Vice President for Health Science Center and Dean for College of Medicine
- Dr. Jerry Strawser, Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration & Chief Financial Officer
- Dr. Daniel J. Pugh, Sr., Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. Barbara Abercrombie, Vice President for Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
- Amy B. Smith, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
- Dee M. Childs, Vice President for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer
A modified Hiring Authorization Process to fill vacancies is for budgeted staff except positions:
(1) ADLOC’d to academic departments;
(2) paid from restricted grant funds (Accounts 4XXXXX)
Vacant budgeted staff positions may be posted and/or filled by obtaining approval using the Authorization to Fill Request Form listed below. Please contact Recruitment and Workforce Planning at 979-845-5154 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Designation of Academic or Non-academic departments (Updated 1-8-2016)