You are here:
Human Resources > Manager & Liaison > Evaluations
Nonfaculty Employees Performance Evaluation Process for 2013
Closing the 2012-2013 Review Year
- Conduct evaluation meetings between April 1 and May 31, 2013.
Follow the format and process your department used last year:
- The 5 point rating scale definitions remain the same as those used last year.
The future Performance Objectives/Goals Action Plan will not be documented in these formats.
Do develop and discuss future goals and objectives with the employee.
- Capture goals and objectives discussed here.
- Documentation will occur with the launch of the Performance Plan in PATH.
- Complete the performance evaluation and close the process on the 2012-2013 review year.
Helpful Tips to Prepare for the Employee Performance Evaluation
As the April to May delivery period approaches, there are a number of activities that can assist
supervisors in preparing and discussing evaluations with their employees.
Review PDs to assure these accurately reflect the employee's up-to-date job duties and discuss with employee. Best practice
suggests the use of duty titles – a brief
(1–3 word) descriptor in the duty title field on the PD.
- The updated PD will be used in the Performance Plan created in PATH for next year's evaluation.
Gather, review and assess relevant performance information: manager's notes, event calendars, professional development and training
transcripts, awards & commendations occurring in the past year, and any other related progress or performance communications.
- Participate in performance evaluation training sessions when available.
Forms and Supporting Documents
Launching the NEW Performance Plan for 2013-2014 in PATH!
- Performance Plan is created, documented and acknowledged in the Performance Management module when activated in PATH
Supervisor begins with establishing performance measures and objectives
- Job Duties and Responsibilities (from current PD)
- Behavioral Competencies
- Future Performance Goals and Objectives
Watch for new information and resources on the PATH project webpages.
Please contact the Employee Relations office at email@example.com
or (979) 862-4027 if you have questions about the Nonfaculty Employees Performance Evaluation Process.