The HR Liaison Network is a partnership established in 1989 to support decentralized delivery of human resources services at the department level, while retaining oversight and communications by the Human Resources department.
- Standard Administrative Procedure 31.99.99.M0.03: The purpose of the SAP is to assist Texas A&M University departments with compliance and procedures with regards to the management of human resources administration through the formal designation of HR Liaisons.
- HR Liaison Designation Form: Form used by departments and initiated by the department head to designate, change or remove HR Liaisons and/or Coordinators.
- Description: The HR Liaison Coordinator and HR Liaison roles defined including suggested wording for position description.
- Typical Duties: List of typical duties HR Liaisons facilitate.
Texas A&M University Human Resources provides guidance on laws, regulations, policies and procedures and has established tools, processes, training and resources to assist HR Liaisons, such as:
- Required and optional online and face-to-face training on HR-related functional duties and online applications.
- A directory of HR representatives assigned to each department to assist liaisons with HR-related work.
- Convenient online access to the most-frequently-needed resources tools and support.
- A weekly HR Liaison Network News email with important news, dates or changes that should be shared with supervisors, managers and employees as appropriate.
- HR Liaison Network Meetings offered each semester with timely, targeted educational topics.
- A standing committee of HR Liaisons to collaborate and provide feedback about HR- and payroll-related processes, called the HR Liaison Advisory Resource Group.