President Michael K. Young will present these prestigious awards to recognize 25 outstanding individuals, two outstanding teams and two outstanding supervisors for their meritorious service to the University. Our extended Aggie Family, employees of SSC/Chartwells, are eligible for this prestigious award as well.
President’s Meritorious Service Award Ceremony
Monday, February 27, 2017
3:30 p.m. | MSC Bethancourt Ballroom
Watch the Livestream on Feb. 27
A reception with refreshments will be held following the ceremony and will serve as the official kick-off of Staff Appreciation Week at Texas A&M!
2016-17 Award Recipients Announced!
Congratulations to the following individuals and team members who were selected for their meritorious service to Texas A&M University!
Individual Award Recipients
- Deborah Barnett, School of Law
- Leona Bay, SSC Service Solutions
- Sandra Chavarria, Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies
- Amanda Flores, Memorial Student Center
- Tracy Foster, Office of Budget and Planning
- Dustin Grabsch, Residence Life
- Ada Green, Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
- James Izat, Division of Research
- Ruth Manning, Sponsored Research Services
- Donna Pantel, University Writing Center
- Pascale Parker, Study Abroad Programs Office
- Neil Peltier, University Center & Special Events
- David Reed, Department of Biology
- Ra’sheedah Richardson, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Lisa Rosser, Division of Finance and Administration
- Suzanne Rosser, Department of Geology and Geophysics
- Timothy St. Martin, Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Jeannine Scambray, Department of Psychology
- Colby Seay, Study Abroad and Academic Services, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Stuart Slattery, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Information Technology
- Kathleen Speed, Academic Success Center
- Sara Thigpin, Dean’s Office, College of Science
- Tammy Whisenant, Department of English
- Angela Winkler, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Janeen Wood, Department of International Affairs, Bush School
Supervisor Award Recipients
- Michael Krenz, Residence Life
- Michelle Steedly, Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
Team Award Recipients
- Employment Services Team, Career Center:
Shirley Alvarado, Ashley Bryant, Martha Fields, Kevin McGinnis, Brenda Riley, Megan Stoltzfus, Sue Wolfert, Susan Wyatt
- Extended Education, Bush School:
Rebecca Burgner, Lynn Cagle, Linda Heritage, Jennifer Lampo, Ruth McMullan, Courtney Shuttlesworth, Ashlee Treadway
About the Awards
The President's Meritorious Service Awards began in 1986. Recipients of this highly prestigious award have demonstrated their commitment to the Aggie core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. Currently, these awards are presented to:
- Individual Awards - 25 individuals with each person receiving $1,000, a commemorative plaque, and a gold lapel pin.
- Team Awards - 2 outstanding work teams will be recognized with a team commemorative plaque and each member will receive a cash award of $200, a lapel pin and a framed certificate of recognition.
- Supervisor Awards - 2 outstanding supervisors who exhibit strong leadership qualities and cultivate a culture of excellence in their workplaces. These supervisors will receive a $1,500 cash award, a commemorative plaque, and a gold lapel pin.
Nominations are typically called for during the fall; an anonymous committee appointed by the President selects the recipients.
Awards are presented at a special award ceremony. All members of the Aggie Community are welcome to make nominations.
The President's Meritorious Service Awards Program is sponsored by the Office of the President and The Association of Former Students, and coordinated by the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness.
Questions: Contact EmplRecognition@tamu.edu or (979) 845-7995.