Earning retiree status affords certain privileges and benefits such as allowing continued participation in the Texas A&M University System group insurance plans. Additionally, in recognition of service to Texas A&M University, the following retiree privileges and benefits are also provided to faculty and staff who have earned service retirement from Texas A&M University.
- Survivor Health Insurance Continuation: If a retiree predeceases his or her insured eligible dependents, the surviving spouse will be permitted to continue Texas A&M System sponsored medical, dental and/or vision coverage indefinitely and eligible dependents may continue coverage subject to the age maximum, provided that premiums are paid.
- Retiree Identification Card: The Aggie Card Office Faculty/Staff/Retiree I.D. Form is available through your department or online here. Take the completed form to the Aggie Card Office located in Suite 2801 in the General Services Complex, where your picture is taken for your retiree ID card. There is a nominal charge for the ID.
- Campus Parking: Transportation Services may be contacted at (979) 845-9700 for information pertaining to your retiree parking privileges. You must present a retiree ID card and you may be entitled to a refund of some employee parking fees if you are retiring mid-year and you have paid in advance. Note: A working retiree will be required to pay for a regular parking pass during the time they are in a working retiree status.
- Library Privileges: Retirees may present their retiree ID card at the circulation desk of Evans Library and Annex, West Campus, Policy Sciences & Economics and/or the Medical Sciences Library for continuation of library privileges. Contact numbers for each library information desk are available online.
- Recreational Activities: Retirees may purchase and participate in recreational activities through Rec Sports on the same basis as active faculty or staff members. For more information, call (979) 845-7826. Note: Football Ticket Purchase Priority is unaffected by retirement.
- Computer Information Services: Texas A&M Information Technology Service Desk may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to maintain your @tamu.edu email address. Note: Retirees are not eligible to purchase computer software.
- PerksConnect Employee/Retiree Discount Program: This program enables employees and retirees to find great deals on items and services you need and use every day.