You are here:
Human Resources > Job Seeker > Working at Texas A&M > Dual Career Services Details
Dual Career Services Details
At Texas A&M University we know that attracting and retaining exceptional employees often depends on meeting the needs for
two careers. Our Dual Career Service is designed to assist the partners of faculty and key administrators.
Dual Career Services is designed to assist the partners of faculty and key administrators. While the service is designed primarily for the partners of new employees, the partners of current employees may also benefit from this service.
How the Service Works
The search committee, dean or department head involved with recruitment contacts the Dual Career Services coordinator about the partner. The partner may also contact the coordinator directly.
- While partners are encouraged to meet face-to-face with the coordinator in the Office of the Dean of Faculties & Associate Provost, general information can be offered through correspondence, telephone and email.
- The dual career client follows up on contact and either secures employment or receives assistance.
- While we cannot guarantee employment for participants of the program, a wide range of career assistance services are available to help the partner develop an effective job search strategy.
When you accept a university position, the Office of the Dean of Faculties & Associate Provost will take an active role in assisting the partner to find suitable employment opportunities by:
- Meeting(s) and correspondence with the partner,
- When appropriate, distributing job related information about the partner to local businesses in the area,
- Offering assistance in completing employment applications, resume and cover letters,
- Providing information on childcare, local schools, service organizations, etc. The types of assistance provided will vary according to the needs of each participant.
Community Business Partners
Dual Career Community Partner Information Form
Campus and Community Links